JOSHUA TREE EDITION
PHOTOS & BETA
- Joshua Tree: Heinous Approaches - When boulderfield meets desert the approach can be unpredictable - sometimes it's no big deal, sometimes "hell boulderado."
- Bouldering: JTree Made Me Do It - The author has been rock climbing since 2007 and has intended to boulder, but other than an occasional gym session, never seemed to get around to it - until now -- "JTree made me do it."
PHOTOS & BETA
ROUTE DEVELOPERS AND GUIDEBOOK AUTHORS
- Joshua Tree: The Bolting Pressure Cooker (by Stefani Dawn) - Meet Farai and Kelly, "new school" route developers in Joshua Tree. For some, using the words “new-school,” “route development”, and “Joshua Tree” all in the same sentence can be hair-raising/red-flag inducing/trouble-making. For others it elicits great relief and gratitude. Just what does “new school” mean in JTree anyway?
- Rock Star Groupie (by Stefani Dawn) - A climber finds herself following a route-setting rock star. Who is it and why? [Previously published on Common Climber and fits this theme nicely!]
- Todd Gordon (by Stefani Dawn) - “We had teenie weenies and big egos!” he said with animation and a Cheshire grin. This is Todd Gordon, the rock climbing "mayor" of Joshua Tree with a personality as big as the park itself.
- Tony Calderone (by Stefani Dawn) - Perseverance. Tenacity. Grit. Commitment. Transformation. These are the words that describe what I know of Tony Calderone. Controversial. opinionated, and, perhaps a few other choice words, also float around the rock-climbing ethers of his stomping grounds in Utah and Idaho. Who is Tony Calderone?