Thanks for checking out Common Climber!
- Introduction to Climbing Shoes: Selecting a Fit (by Juan Rodriguez) – Climbers are often given the advice to buy a tight-fitting climbing shoe. Find out why this might not be your best choice.
- The Euro-Death Knot is NOT (by Rick Momsen) - Shrouded in myth, misnomers, and misinformation, the Euro-Death Knot (Flat Overhand Bend) is NOT a death knot. Simply stated it is a quick, safe, and easy way to join two ropes together for a rappel.
- Carabiner Strength Ratings (by Juan Rodriguez) - A helpful tutorial on carabiner strength ratings and why those ratings are important.
- Sliding-x Anchor (by Stefani Dawn) - Video and photo tutorial on how to build this useful anchor.
- Top 10: Climbing Best Practices (by Stefani Dawn) - Being a better climber doesn't mean crushing the hardest grades, it means consistently using best practices. Find out the TOP 10!
- Top 10: Increase the Climbing Grade When... (by Stefani Dawn) - A climber ponders climbing grades and invents a new game…Increase the climbing grade when...
- Of Cartoons and Quickdraws (by Juan Rodriguez) - A climber has a Wile E. Coyote moment as he is suspended mid-fall, in disbelief, quickdraw in hand.
Common Climber! Humorous, helpful, and inspired stories created for us and by us, the common climber!