Writings in this category focus on rock climbing in alpine settings or conditions.
- Backpacker/Trad Climber Tries Alpine: The Mt. Ogden Spanking (Part 1) (by Stefani Dawn, 2016) - An experienced backpacker and multipitch trad climber forays into to world of alpine climbing and learns that alpine climbing is more than the sum of its parts.
- Backpacker/Trad Climber Tries Alpine: The Mount Whitney Whipping (Part 2) (by Stefani Dawn, 2016) - Mt. Ogden (Part 1) was training for Mt. Whitney. The author applied what she learned from the Mt. Ogden experience to Whitney and...
- Climbing is My Art (by Christine Kuebler) - "I never intended on becoming an alpine climber. If you went back in time and told me this is what I’d be doing in my life I would have laughed at you." An artist and mother redefines herself after some heart-breaking life-events.
- Mt. Logan Solo: When Passion Overcomes Fear (by Monique Richard) - Monique is driven by the freedom of climbing and climbing solo is the ultimate freedom, which also bears the most risk. Monique shares her emotional and epic tale of tackling Mt. Logan, the tallest peak in Canada (19,551 ft/5959 m). In her words: "It was the culmination of all my ascents and expeditions to the four corners of the globe...in the most hostile conditions that I have encountered in my mountaineering life."
- Vertical Ice Climbing in Ontario, Canada, eh? (By Debbie Fowler) - Debbie Fowler takes us on a tour of ice climbing spots in Ontario, Canada, and shares a few tips on some of the best. Armed with electric socks and gloves to stay warm and avoid the screaming barfies, Debbie has been a busy climber this year!