Photo Credit: Bryn Sillorequez
Writings in this category touch on mental and physical self-improvement for climbing, or on the mental or physical aspects of climbing.
- 12-Weeks to Onsighting a 5.8 - Now available from State of Readiness - THE definitive online rock climbing training program - 12-Weeks to Onsighting a 5.8!
- How Auto-Immune Disease Affected My Climbing (By Stefani Dawn) - It’s funny, but it’s not. I was on pitch 5 of 9 and I just…how do I put this tactfully?... shit myself. It wasn’t a lot, but it was uncomfortable, disheartening.
- Mastering Joy on Easy Street (by Stefani Dawn) - Sometimes there are moments when a special experience reveals the right goals.
- Mind, Body, and Soul: Bouldering and Climbing (by Jonathan) - A thoughtful piece about how rock climbing impacts the whole being - mind, body, and soul.
- Of Cartoons and Quickdraws (by Juan Rodriguez, 2016) - A climber has a Wile E. Coyote moment as he is suspended mid-fall, in disbelief, quickdraw in hand.
- Push and Pull (by Grey Hensley, 2016) - There is a common misperception that climbing uses all of our muscles. It doesn’t. Ignoring those other muscles can affect climbing performance. Find out how to easily fix it.
- Sorcerer and the Kidney Stone (By Stefani Dawn) - Ow… ow…. Owwwwwww…. I sure as shit am not going to die on Necromancer – the dark black patina-covered wall in Red Rock Canyon named after a person who communicates with the dead…
- The Devil’s Game (by Grey Hensley) - Buddha versus the devil...Improve your climbing by letting a little bit of your devil out!
- The Taste of Climbing: The Third Sense (By David Barnes) - A climber describes climbing from a unique perspective - taste.