My Home Crag Articles
- Nowra, New South Wales, Australia (by Max Gordon)
- Also learn more about Nowra in our Location Review: Nowra
- Climbing in the Upper Cumberland Valley, Kentucky (An Interview with locals Joe Matin and Brice Burton) - Locals Joe Martin and Brice Burton share their efforts to conserve the Daniel Boone National Forest in southern Kentucky (which is threatened by logging) by promoting local climbing spots and establishing the non-profit Kentucky Outdoor Adventure Project. Learn more about this local area and download a guidebook.
- Drytooling in the Rain - Wayne's World, Washington (By Wayne Wallace) - What do you do when you when you are an ice climber and "suffer from poor- to- no ice; near-constant rain nine months of the year; closed gyms due to COVID; damp, moss-covered rock; short rock seasons; AND, right now (also due to COVID), can’t even enter Canada..."? You learn how to dry tool and gather a community together and build your own nearby crag. Welcome to Wayne's World!
- The Kenyan Climber (By Kang-Chun Chang) - The love of climbing is spread by those who love climbing. Sam Mwangi is no exception. Sam is a passionate advocate for climbing in Kenya, where, indeed you are surrounded by the acacia tree-studded savannah and can spot giraffes, dik diks, gazelles, zebras, and even hyenas on the approach. Read about how Sam has been building a climbing community in Nairobi and what he envisions for the future.